Friday, August 01, 2008

Weekend in Mountain Home

We spent last weekend in Mountain Home for a baseball tournament. Unfortunately, Nana and Papa were in Utah. I have heard about kids having wild parties when their parents are out of town - - so that is what we did :) Not really wild, just 16 ball players over for hot dogs and chips. The ball players were staying in a hotel for the weekend so Barry thought they might like to come over for dinner. They seemed to have a great time. They ate a ton. Barry cooked 80 hot dogs and I was afraid we were going to run out. I think the record was 5 chili dogs!


Barry also volunteered for laundry duty one night. Talk about a pile of stinky clothes.


This was the Zone (District) Tournament and Jonesboro cruised through the tournament winning every game by at least 10 runs. Now they move on to the State Legion Tournament next weekend in Little Rock.



We did find time to go out on the boat for a swim. The boys love to do crazy jumps off the boat. They pretend they are in the Olympics and they give their name and country and then do their jump.







Barry loves washing his hair in the lake. I think he got that from Papa.



Kannon, just hanging out.





Sunday morning when I came down for breakfast this is what I saw - I guess they were ready for breakfast too.

We missed visiting with Nana and Papa but we had a fun weekend at the ball park and out on the lake.

2 comments:

Finn and Tracey Family said...

We are sorry we missed it - the girls are very disappointed we did not take our annual trip to Arkansas this year! CONGRATS to Dustin! Hey, that must be a tradition of playing Olympics - I started doing that in P.R. with Kristen and do it with my girls!

Finn and Tracey Family said...

I wish i could be up there too!

Brooke Bjarnson