Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Christmas Activities

December is always such a fun, busy month. I had a Faculty Christmas Party in early December which was really nice. We had a good dinner and then played "Dirty Santa" with Christmas items. I am still getting to know all of the teachers so this was a great opportunity to visit with everyone.


The 2nd grade teachers.


The teacher on the back row second from the right is a friend I have had since I moved to Arkansas in 5th grade. It is so fun to teach with her.



Kannon and Shay visited Santa at the bank.



Making a new Christmas snack favorite: dipped pretzels in almond bark and then decorated with colored sugar and sprinkles. YUM!






Our annual trip to the tree farm to pick out our tree.


Class parties:


I had a mom who planned my whole class party for me. She had organized games, crafts and snacks for the party. It was a fun afternoon.


Kannon's party was in the morning so they had brunch foods which I thought was nice. They decorated sugar cookies, made reindeer food, and also made a couple of cute ornaments.




Kannon and his teacher, Mrs. Schulte




Making reindeer food




Tanner and his teacher, Mrs. Robertson.

Barry got to go to Tanner's party because it was the same time as mine. I asked Tanner what he did at his party and he said "We ate lots of goodies". Sounds like a fun party to me.


During the month, we had a fun visit from the Jensen family (my sister Kristen and her family) who stayed with us a few days before heading up to Nana and Papa's house.



Cowboys Quincy and Kannon



My boys enjoyed playing with their cousins and Tanner especially enjoyed holding his newest cousin, Henry, who is only 7 weeks old. We were glad that Sophie and Quincy were visiting when we made our graham cracker candy houses too. What fun!


Tanner and Baby Henry



Candy and kids - what's more fun than that?!




Also, during the month we had our annual December 23rd bowling night, visited the "Winter Wonderland" display downtown, and just enjoyed time off from school and time together with family.


We brought a few friends along for the bowling fun.



Kannon and Corey doing a little "Guitar Hero" at the bowling alley - actually they were just playing along with the demo but they were having fun.


Our after bowling party!

What a fun month December is - and we haven't even gotten to Christmas yet!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys sure know how to celebrate. MOM