Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snow!

I know that a few of you might have snickered at my last entry titled snow, since there really wasn't much but hey we were excited. Well, yesterday we got a REAL snow! It was suppose to start snowing Thursday night so the kids were all ready to sleep in Friday. Corey had two tests scheduled for Friday and we made him study because I knew for sure that the snow would miss us. Well, we woke up Friday morning and there was not even a drop of anything. So off to school everyone went. About 9:30 Barry called and said that school was getting out at 10:00. I was busy cleaning the house so I hadn't even noticed what was going on outside. The snow finally came! It snowed pretty much all day and toward the late afternoon it really was coming down. Dustin pulled out the snowboard and tried it out (in shorts) before going to Craighead Forest to sled with friends.






The other guys and I didn't get out into the snow until Saturday morning. It was a beautiful sunny day. The snow was melting quickly so we hurried outside and did all those snow things that you do.





Oops! We really made 6 snowmen but I didn't get Barry's in the picture.



You've got to love rubber boots! I remember when I was little my mom would put plastic bags on our feet and then we would put on our shoes. Well, you know that as soon as you get out in the snow that it got into your shoes and before long your feet were all wet. Not with boots. We have boots in every size! Well, we got that one fun snow we were hoping for - now I am ready for SPRING!



My Spring bulbs thought that spring had already come last week. I hope that they don't mind the snow too much. I can't wait to have tulips!

2 comments:

KIC said...

Now that's a good snow!! Sounds fun...especially the missing school part! :)

The Jensen's said...

My flowers started peeking out of the dirt in late Jan. I hope I will have pretty flowers in April, too.