Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tennis Update
Dustin finished his tennis season by placing fourth in the state in doubles and by winning the Team Championship. Dustin and his partner had placed second in the District Tournament which qualified them to go to the State Tournament. They won their first two matches and then lost in the semi-finals. The semi-final game lasted nearly two hours. They split the first two sets and then forced two different tie-breakers. Finally they lost the match, 6-4, 6-7 , 7-6. If you don't know much about tennis - that means it was a long, close, very exciting match. Valley View won the Singles title and with Dustin reaching the semi-finals that gave them enough points to win the Team Title. Wow, another State Title for Dustin. We were very proud of him. I never paid much attention to tennis before but now I love to watch it. I am even beginning to figure out the scoring. I am putting "learning how to play tennis" on my list of things to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment