Friday, August 11, 2006

Yellowstone 2006


Hello Family. My friend, Katie, convinced me that I need to start a Blogger page, so here it is. It would be fun if all of us would try one. With us being so far away from each other it would be a great way to keep up with fun moments and events in everyones life.

The trip to Yellowstone was a lot of fun. Each time we are together it is like we haven't been apart. It was great for the kids to have so much time to reconnect with each other.

Even though that first day at the park didn't turn out like we had planned (everyone meeting at the Old Faithful Lodge at 11:30) we had a fun day with the Bjarnson family. And didn't we look cute with our matching shirts. Mom, I want you to know that my boys wear their shirts all the time. Now, I haven't caught Barry wearing his yet but I am sure I will.

Yellowstone was sure a beautiful park. Corey will be studying the different regions of the country this year in school so I am sure it will be fun for him to be able to share that he traveled to so many states this summer.

Corey and Tanner wrote in their journals about the Yellowstone trip when we got home. I told them to write about two of their favorite things that they did. Corey wrote: "I went swimming at the cabins hot tub. The hot tub had Bacteiria that can make you sick. I went in it. I liked it in the hot tub." And Jamie , you thought no one was listening to you. :)

Another highlight for Corey was: "One day I was hiking when in the forest I saw a moose munching on something. I thought it was a big teenager but it was a baby moose. It was fun."

Tanner draws pictures in his journal and then he tells me what to write. One of his highlights was: "I got to hide food for the bears at the Bear Reserve. The bears ate carrots, lettuce and berries. I got a red bucket with the food in it. Maia and I both love wolves. We like bears too!"


Thanks mom and dad for another fun family gathering.

2 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Hey, I have been thinking about this for a long time but we have slow dial-up. When we move I will make sure we get blogging.

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. I want a page also. Just have to figure out how to do it. I loved the pictures! Great way to keep up with your busy family.