Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Trip Back East

Last week, I took a trip back East to visit family and to do some sight seeing. My sister Jamie arranged the whole thing. I flew into Baltimore and first visited my sister Kristen and her family. Jamie had arrived a day earlier. I had never been to my sister's house before so it was really fun to see a little of her world.


Downtown Baltimore on the water front

Sophie thought that Kannon would like this picture of her on the cannon :)



Quincy looking very cute!

Thanks Kristen and Matt for a great time. What a wonderful family you are!


We left Baltimore on Thursday and headed to New Jersey to visit with my Aunt Peggy and Uncle Jim (my dad's sister). They had plans to take us up to New York City for dinner and a Broadway show. We hopped on the train and were in the city in an hour. We had a good dinner and then went to see "Westside Story". How fun that was!


Time Square


Friday, Jamie and I took the train back to New York to spend the next two days. The two things on my list to see were the Statue of Liberty and the Ground Zero Memorial. I loved the ferry boat over to the Statue of Liberty and enjoyed strolling around Ellis Island. Ground Zero was just a big construction site and you couldn't really see anything but we did go by it. I also got the chance to go to the Manhattan temple for a session Friday night. Very cool!

Jamie and me on the ferry - notice Lady Liberty behind us.



We stayed in a really cool hotel - very hip. It was just a few blocks from the temple. On Saturday, we grabbed a bagel for breakfast and then spent the day walking, riding subways, and riding buses all over the city. We also grabbed a piece of pizza along the way for dinner. We visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Rockefeller Center, 5th Avenue and everything in between.


Sunday we headed to Delaware to visit my Uncle Bill and Aunt Susan (my mom's brother). We stopped on the way there to pick up a Philly cheese steak to take to their house for lunch. YUM! We had fun visiting and catching up on all of the news.

On the way to Delaware, we did take a quick side trip to the beach since we were so close. Jamie and I had spent a lot of time on New Jersey beaches growing up. I love that salty air smell.


I flew back home on Monday. What a fun vacation it was visiting family!

4 comments:

The Jensen's said...

So, fun! Worth every second we got to see you, wish we had more.
Thanks for coming

Little Lucy said...

I was wondering when you were going to put something in about the trip. You got some great pictures! I want to go back!!

KIC said...

WOW! It looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you were able to go. Glad you got to smell the beach, I love it! Thanks for the pictures. Next time you need to get to DC and Gettysburg while Kristen lives so close. See you soon, I hope. MOM