Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Yeah Me!

For the last few years I have been thinking that I need to donate blood. But I continued to put it off - first because I am a big chicken and then second because I tend to be low on iron. I went last year to donate and I was too low on iron so I came home and half heartily tried to eat better but that kind of fell by the wayside. Well, a new year and another resolution to give blood. This time I was determined to take my vitamins every day and I ate spinach twice a day along with a few raisins here and there (I hate raisins but my sister said they have iron in them). I went to donate on Monday and guess what?? The spinach paid off! I am now an official blood donor. It did hurt a little bit but it felt great to do something that could help someone in need. Everyone was so nice at the Red Cross and they kept thanking me for coming it. Every since Tanner had 4 blood transfusions back when he was 4 years old I have appreciated those who give blood. Now I am one of those people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, what a great resolution. Keep up the healthy eating. Hope you inspire others. I plan to go this month also. Love, MOM

Finn and Tracey Family said...

WAY TO GO!

The Jensen's said...

Popeye the sailor man