Monday, January 19, 2009

For the Birds

Corey, Tanner, Kannon and I had a fun afternoon at the Nature Center last Saturday. Besides all the regular stuff to do there, they also were having a special Bird presentation. They talked about the different birds that we might see in our yard during the winter and then the kids got to make a "Bird Feeder Garland". Bascially the kids strung nuts, bread, dried fruit and popcorn on a piece of yarn to hang in a tree. As we were stringing prunes, dried apricots, apple slices and nuts I commented that I thought the birds were really going to like this. One of the boys said, "I think Papa would really like it." That cracked me up. If you know my dad it did look like a perfect treat for him.


The boys were anxious to get home and have dad hang their garland up. We will see how much the birds love them.


Talking about birds, we also had a bird day at Preschool - O is for Owl. We made an owl puppet and the kids had fun being "asleep" when the lights were on and then waking up and "Hooting" when I turned the lights off. To go along with the O day we also ate oranges and played an Opposites game. Preschool is so fun!

3 comments:

Finn and Tracey Family said...

what a fun activity for the boys and for preschool. sure wish you lived close - i want you to be owen's preschool teacher. i think he would do better now - remember how he ran and hid behind the door when the class was singing!

he does good in primary. comes home SINGING and excited about showing me his treat! : )

Terrell Times said...

Yes preschool IS SO MUCH fun! You HAVE to keep teaching it! At least until my last one goes through!!

Little Lucy said...

Oh, I love owls. What a fun activity. And good for you for feeding the birds. Did the birds eat everything or will there be some left over for Dad when he gets back to Arkansas??