Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Tanner, Kannon, Corey and I got to go visit Nana and Papa in Mountain Home for Memorial Day weekend. Dustin had baseball games, he is starting Legion this summer, so he and Barry stayed home. Saturday morning, Nana and Papa took the boys to Rocky Ridge Wildlife Reserve. The most famous of the animals is "Lurch" who is an African Wotoosee Bull. He is in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the biggest horns. It looks painful to me.


This is "Wade" the water buffalo.



I think Corey liked the dogs the most. One had three legs, and the other had one eye. Kannon couldn't remember if the dogs had three eyes and one leg or the other way around. :)



They had fun and had stories to tell when they got home. I had opted to go shopping instead of the wildlife trip.


Later that day we went out on the boat for a swim (a cold swim) and also some fishing. Kannon was the first one in the lake. He didn't seem to mind the cold water at all.





The boys didn't have any luck fishing from the boat. But later Papa and Uncle Bill took them to the pond by their house and Corey caught his first fish. He was so excited. I wish that I had gotten a picture of that. Tanner said that he just fed a lot of fish. I guess the fish kept eating his bait.






That night we went up and fed the horses by Nana's house. The horses were so friendly and happy to have a couple of carrots.



We came home to Jonesboro on Sunday night. We sure had fun visiting Mountain Home. We look forward to having Nana and Papa come down for a visit next week to watch the boys play baseball.


Monday, we swam in our pool and worked in the yard. That night we went out to eat and to the movies to see "Shrek the Third". The movie was funny and we all enjoyed a night out.

No comments: